Saturday 18 March 2017

Lent 2017 - 18th March

Saturday 18th March
One of my readings for today was Revelation 3:20-22: Listen! I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with them, and they will eat with me.

Originally I had the idea of a person in despair sitting at a table laid with food, just waiting. But that didn't come together! The image of the lady sitting in her window, head down, hugging her knees, as if distraught really called to me! So I went with that.

Somehow a male God just didn't have the right feel for this piece, so I went with 'controversial' and opted for the female God (perhaps a subconscious nod to the international call for women priests in the Roman Catholic Church!?!). Whatever, we are all made in the likeness of God, even women lol, so it is what it is :)

So, She is waiting 'outside' for the door to be opened, and the young woman is gently touched by the light (and colour) of the Holy Spirit - she will open that door!
I tried giving the piece a more painterly feel, which I liked, but I preferred the somewhat harder feel to the piece, for its theme. I also LOVE this in b&w but wanted to use the colour to represent the Spirit and God's touch upon us in all circumstances, no matter our failings. We have only to look up and we will see Him.
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment