Sunday 3 December 2017

Advent 2017

2nd December 2017

(December Devotional as Advent starts later than Dec. 1st)

Luke 1:5-7
In the days of Herod, King of Judea, there was a certain priest named Zechariah who belonged to the division of Abijah. He had a wife descended from Aaron. Her name was Elizabeth. They were both righteous in God's sight, observing the commandments and ordinances of the Lord without the least blame. Nevertheless, they had no children because Elizabeth was barren. They were very old.

My inspiration came from this passage, imagining Zechariah and Elizabeth wondering how they could have remained childless despite doing their utmost to live righteously.
TFL!
Bernie x




1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blog Bernie. I am doing something similar with Advent, but maybe not daily. I will visit each day because I like your journal theme here. :) The story of Elizabeth is always a favorite.

    Peabea@Peabea Scribbles

    ReplyDelete