Sunday 17 December 2017

Advent 2017

13th December

Luke 1:46-49
Mary's Song of Praise: The Magnificat

And Mary said,
"My soul magnifies the Lord,
and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
for he has looked on the humble estate of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
for he who is mighty has done great things for me,
and holy is his name.


"Fill them, O Jesus!
Fill our hearts with your love.
Fill our songs with your Spirit.
Let nothing we sing be empty or noxious or foolish or false.
For if you will be the cause of our carols, then we will have joined the heavenly choirs.
We, with Mary, may be transported, and joy will shed joy on everyone. Amen. "
W. Wangerin Jnr,  Preparing for Jesus

With grateful thanks to Gabriel Olude, International Photographer, for the Muse.
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment