Monday 23 February 2015

The Zoe Project - Artist Statement

Yay I started! My Artist statement on how God sees me!

I sat and found loads of Bible verses that give information on how God sees us and feels about us; to sum those up in one sentence: God truly loves and cares for you.

Then I put this piece together. I had the lady (downloaded from Old Design Shop) on my desktop and she seemed to be crying out to be used as a representation of me! Archetypal tea-drinking English lady, LOL! She was B&W so I removed the white and painted in the colours I wanted!

The stash is all from Altered Amanda's Studio and can be found HERE!

One of the Bible quotes mentioned us shining like stars in the sky, so this background seemed perfect! Then I used a couple of elements - saying the Time has Come and Time for a Change. I'm feeling my Faith is definitely growing and changing...evolving if you like as I gain in understanding and personal knowledge of Him. Also my art is changing and how I actually create as well. BIG changes!

The bird on the 'twig' of Love represents more words I found in the Bible...from Zephaniah 3:17 - The Lord your God is with you; his power gives you victory. The Lord will take delight in you and in his love he will give you new life. He will sing and be joyful over you.

Then to sum up all the times within the Bible quotes I found the theme of being precious to God, being loved by Him, I used the element saying that I listen to His words and He says I'm beautiful.

If you would like to join in on the Zoe Project, there's a link to the class in Altered Amanda's Store - just follow the link above!
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment