Friday 8 May 2015

Take Me Deeper - May Week 2

The speed with which this week has gone is amazing lol! Having a Bank Holiday on the Monday helped I suspect! If you haven't had a look around His Kingdom Come lately, do pay us a visit! There are lots of new classes and so much inspiration in the gallery, it's a wonderful place to spend some time with a nice cuppa!

For now, here is what I've been creating:

May week 2 - Dwelling in God's Presence

I did the recommended reading and these drew me to them the most:
Romans 14:19 - So then, we must always aim at those things that bring peace and that help to strengthen one another
1 Timothy 6:11 - But you, man of God, avoid all these things. Strive for righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness.
2 Timothy 2:22 - Avoid the passions of youth, and strive for righteousness, faith, love and peace, together with those who with a pure heart call out to the Lord for help.
2 Peter 1:5 - ...do our best to add goodness to your faith, to your goodness add knowledge...
2 Peter 1:10 - So my brothers and sisters, try even harder to make God's call and his choice of you a permanent experience; if you do so, you will never abandon your faith.
I also read Psalm 119 and made the suggested list and perhaps the ones that I felt I wanted to portray in my artwork the most were:
Happiness
Seeing wonderful truths
Pleasure
Receiving strength and wisdom
Will no focus on what is worthless
Will live in perfect freedom
Hope
God will search for us when lost
Will receive constant love and comfort.
Again, I had absolutely no idea of an image when I started. I'd had a vague thought about following on from last week's piece - the image of the 'lonely place', the hills/mountains, but had no idea how to achieve that!
I started with a couple of textures, blended, and then added an image of flowers, which, when blended, created the suggestion of a quite craggy pathway, I thought...one that might be found in hills or mountains. By chance (or not!) this combination of blends produced a little cross shape where I have mine! So I enhanced that a little and added the shadow. I wanted to portray walking along in that lonely place, along the ridge of a hill or mountain, towards the cross...but you can also see the pathway going on past the cross towards the great light.
I then flipped the flower image and used it in the sky area to create some interest there. The bright light is the ultimate destination - the hope, the comfort, the happiness. Yet the pathway is, I hope, one that feels strong and comforting - it will keep us safe and secure. Needing and wanting to keep focused on this pathway - with all its lumps and bumps (our ups and downs when we may need more strength) helps us not to look 'over the edge' and focus on things that are worthless.
So I hope this piece feels as if we have followed the path in last week's piece, up, into the calmness and peace of the hills and mountains, and in that quiet, 'lonely' place, we are surrounded by God's love. He keeps us safe and secure on the right path here. We can be refreshed and feel enriched, ready for whatever life can throw at us! We have so much to gain by focusing on Him and His Word.
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment