Saturday 30 May 2015

Take Me Deeper - May Week 5

We had an extra piece to create this week, showing our own personal sanctuary, and I really enjoyed documenting our new patio area which is my sanctuary! Last year, the idea came to me to knock down the large summerhouse at the top of our garden, under the big tree, and in the May school holidays, we set to, having emptied it of all the 'stuff' that had been crammed in there since we moved here in 2010!
In the process of removing the roof structure, hubby fell from the ladder, landing on the concrete floor, and fractured his hip in 2 places and damaged his shoulder. It meant a stay in hospital and 6 weeks off work. he even had to go and stay with his brother for a couple of weeks as the have a downstairs toilet that could be accessed with the wheelchair! So rather a traumatic time for us all!
Throughout the summer, I went almost every day to pick up my cousin, who doesn't drive, and who is very talented in brick and plasterwork, as well as laying patios! As he is a Carer for his nephew, he could only manage a couple of hours every day, but gradually, it all came together and we are now so lucky to have this patio area, under the tree, and which is such a peaceful area (I think there's something special about sitting beneath a great tree!) and has such beautiful light displays as the sun's dappled light shines through the leaves and shadows dance on the walls. I'm very thankful to have this area.

The words on my second piece showing my sanctuary were written for the exercises we're doing in the HKC Book Club - it's not too late to join if you're interested! Just go HERE and click on the Book Club to join! I'm really enjoying it and it really is opening up new ways of thinking and practising my art and trying new things too!
So, here is my regular piece, followed by the extra piece showing my sanctuary:
May Week 5 - Rhythms of Grace Part 2
Jesus as our sustenance - I did the suggested reading and was perhaps drawn more to the following verses as I'm more familiar with those that mention food and drink...
John 6;29 - Jesus answered, "What God wants you to do is believe in the one he sent."
John 6:37-39 - Everyone whom my Father gives me will come to me. I will never turn away anyone who comes to me, because I have come down from heaven to do not my own will but the will of him who sent me. And it is the will of him who sent me that I should not lose any of all those he has given me, but that I should raise them all to life on the last day."

When reading some passages about Life these verses really inspired me. I think I'm drawn to the imagery suggested by the words, and these verses are what influenced my piece this week.
John 8:12 - When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
John 14:6 - Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Genesis 1:20 - And God said, "Let the water team with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of sky."
And the words quoted within the devotional are ones I absolutely love! - Numbers 6:24-26 - The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you, the Lord turn his face towards you and give you peace.

I had the image I finally produced in my head and it all came together so smoothly! I did experiment with putting the word 'peace' onto my page but it just disrupted the flow too much so I took it out.
Hopefully my image gives a feel of peace, light and life - the Lord's face shining upon us - with the creatures in the sea suggested and the birds in the sky. God's creation; it's beauty that can help us feel peace and focus on Him.
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment