Saturday 6 June 2015

Take Me Deeper - June Week 1

This week has been a pretty hard one in several ways, which has really sapped my creativity, but, as always seems to happen, I reach a point where I can look back over things and be amazed that I'm still standing! Hopefully I'll feel able to open up the Photoshop again soon and feel the inspiration for my next Take Me deeper piece! For now, here is what I created for this week:

June Week 1 - Family
I did the suggested reading, but am always drawn to Genesis so that was bubbling away in the background somewhere!
In addition, of all the verses, John 3:16 almost seemed to jump out at me! - For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life.
This week I had no image in mind when I opened up Photoshop...absolutely nothing, despite these readings. I sat for hours and played with a couple of photos of mine but it really wasn't what I felt was right. So I gave up that day and left it.
A couple of days later, the words to a hymn started going round and round in my head...no idea why, although it may have been inspired by the HKC Book Club (we're reading The Creative Call) - I seemed to find a lot of TMD and the Creative Call coming together this week! Anyway, it was the hymn based on Psalm 139 by Bernadette Farrell: O God, You Know Me and You Search me. I found verses 1,2, & 5 really spoke to me:
O God, You know me and You search me.
All my thoughts lie open to your gaze,
when I walk or lie down you are before me,
ever the Maker and Keeper of my days.
You know my resting and my rising.
You discern my purpose from afar,
and with love everlasting You besiege me:
In every moment of life and death You are.
For You created me and shaped me.
Gave me life within my mother's womb.
For the wonder of who I am I praise You.
Safe in Your hands, all creation is made new.
Then I searched some old photos of mine of a fantastic sunset, and played with those, and the cloud formations I'd captured, to create this piece. Imagining the creation of the world, and the starting of life appearing on the planet, I wanted something gentle and peaceful with both light and dark...it wasn't easy! This took me a good couple of hours and right until the end almost it was a paler, more pastel coloured piece! But my feeling was to bring in more darkness, so it ended up like this!
TFL!







No comments:

Post a Comment