Friday 14 August 2015

Take Me Deeper - August Week 2

I seriously cannot believe I'm typing 'August Week 2' here! - the year seems to be flying by! It seems only a short time ago that we started this year long project and I was praying that I'd manage to keep up! Each time I upload a new piece of art I look back and see how many weeks have gone by, and each one has some artwork to represent it! Wow! That makes me so happy!

If you'd like to join us in the Take Me Deeper Class - or rejoin if you perhaps started but aren't up to date! - and it's never too late to start! - you can find the class HERE at His Kingdom Come!


For now though, I think it's time for the artwork! I particularly like this piece...as usual each week I'm amazed by what flows forth from my pen!

August Week 2 - Think About Such Things
Am loving the devotionals and the personal testimonies - I'm finding myself identifying with a LOT!

I did the suggested readings. I'd decided that I wanted to try and create a set of nature-themed pieces for this month as nature is one of the things that really beings home feelings of thankfulness and peace and joy to me.

Perhaps because of this Psalm 95 vv1-5 really spoke to me at first:
Come, let us praise the Lord!
Let us sing for joy to God, who protects us!
Let us come before him with thanksgiving
and sing joyful songs of praise.
For the Lord is a mighty God,
a mighty king over all the gods.
He rules the deepest caves to the highest hills.
He rules over the sea, which he made;
The land also, which he himself formed.

I just started reading through the Psalms and noting lines that jumped out at me:
Psalm 107 v.43
...consider the Lord's constant love

Psalm 118 v.28
You are my God, and I give you thanks; I will proclaim your greatness.


Psalm 136 v.26
Give thanks to the God of heaven, his love is eternal


Psalm 104:
v.3: You use the clouds as your chariot and ride on the wings of the wind.

v.4: You use the winds as your messengers and flashes of lightning as your servants.
v.12: In the trees nearby the birds make their nests and sing.
v.13: From the sky you send rain on the hills,
and the earth is filled with your blessings.

v.24: Lord, you have made so many things!
How wisely you made them all!


I toyed with the idea of a seascape or a tree scene but then the image of cow parsley came to me. I couldn't find the photo I had in my head that I took a few years ago now, of the plant, dried, and standing proud against the blue sky background, so I had to recreate it from memory!

The cow parsley is a bit stylised but I like the effect and hopefully it's recognisable!! The way the plant stands tall and stretches towards the sun and when filled with the white flowers looks so pretty and happy always inspires me!
Lots of CU textures and brushes used as well as CU edges!
TFL!
Bernie x



No comments:

Post a Comment