Friday 11 September 2015

Take Me Deeper - September Week 2

What a difference we're seeing here in the UK as Autumn creeps ever closer! The mining bees are now out in our garden in full force, resulting in a retreat by all of us, even the dog! The mornings see a bit of a nip in the air, but our days this week have been wall to wall blue skies and sunshine!
I followed one of Diane Marra's videos yesterday, having bought some watercolour crayons a week or so ago after seeing her working with them, and have made a couple of backgrounds for pages! I really enjoyed myself!! So there IS life after digi lol! It's years since I last used paint/paper/glue and it was so much fun!
I'm rather inspired at present by what my youngest daughter (who is home educated) and I are seeing under our new microscope! The patterns that we never knew existed within nature as they're usually invisible to the naked eye are so captivating, I'm seriously thinking of buying another microscope for myself that can attach to my PC, and then using the images to create some digital papers/elements! They'd definitely be unique lol!

For now though, here are my artwork and my thoughts for this week's devotionals - very timely and apt considering my situation at present!
September Week 2 - The Promise of Forgiveness
This was very timely for me and I came back to it three times to re-read! From the reading I did I gleaned that God promises us forgiveness, but it is conditional upon our response. It is our choice to forgive and the Holy Spirit will help us.
I read John 6:37 - "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out" - whoever = anyone; He turns nobody away.
And 1 Peter 5:7 - Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I wanted to encompass a feeling of freedom that can come from our forgiving, and also the blessings that can come from that. I wanted the piece to feel personal, with a real sense that we are cared for.
So, I used a solitary figure, alone on the hillside, 'coming to the Father', and the white light 'spots' around her are representing the blessings flowing from her forgiving another. There is a wispy smoke-effect raising heavenward, representing both the Holy Spirit helping her, but also the freedom she is gaining through her actions.
I kept to my personal little challenge and used the same 5 textures, just in a different order and with different blend modes. I like how the piece has the same feel as last week's piece but is different!
I used CU textures and brushes, and one of the HKC digital shapes.
TFL!
Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment