Saturday 31 October 2015

Take Me Deeper - October Week 5

It doesn't seem possible we're almost into November! We've had some beautiful weather here and I made the most of it to get out with my youngest daughter and go squirrel watching - with our cameras of course! - in the nature areas of our local cemetery. This has sparked a new interest in my daughter, and we've spent a fortune on monkey nuts and hazlenuts this week in an effort to encourage the squirrel we'd seen occasionally in our garden. Well, it was very successful and we have two regular visitors now, along with two jays (rare to see round here), plus a couple of robins, blackbirds and the usual wood pigeons, collared doves and other little birds who regularly visit! We've taken hundreds of photos and the squirrels will even stay in the garden now while we are out there!
Creating this week's art piece gave me so much pleasure as well, and I'm really pleased with it - another one to be printed on canvas and put up on our walls I think!
October Week 5 - Sanctuary
Again I was opening up Photoshop with not a single image in my mind!
I chose a few texture images to blend but then ran out of time. Coming back to it a couple of days later, I chose some different textures and blended them together with a couple of photos of mine taken at our cemetery on Tuesday in the nature reserve areas. I loved the effect - it seemed to suggest creation, with the stars and space feel, plus a hint of a sanctuary, with the person looking through a cave to the light. The lady is praising God, lifting her hands in prayer.
The Psalm, 63:1-5, within the Devotional really spoke to me the second time I came to create something:
O God you are my God;
I earnestly search for you.
My soul thirsts for you;
My whole body longs for you
in this parched and weary land
where there is no water.
I have seen you in your sanctuary
and gazed upon your power and glory.
Your unfailing love is better than life itself;
how I praise you!
I will praise you as long as I live,
lifting up my hands to you in prayer.
You satisfy me more than the richest feast.
I will praise you with songs of joy.

I hope I've captured the feel of those words within my piece.
I used several CU textures, my own photos, CU brushes and a HKC Praise Him digital image.
TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment