Sunday 21 August 2016

Take Me Deeper 2016 - DNA - Week 34

Take Me Deeper 2016 - DNA - Week 34 - I Am Royalty

I thought I'd have a go at using some of what I've been learning and practising in my Photoartistry Course for this week's piece! I may well do another in my usual 'style' for TMD, if time allows, but I'm pretty happy with this!

Wonderful devotional this week, thank you; really made me think!

The piece is based on Exodus 19:4-6:
‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”

I'm not a great lover of blur within a piece, but it seemed to work OK here on the hands. I wanted to portray a woman, looking pretty strong, but still finding her way. As we read in the devotional, about eagles flying beneath their young when they start to fly, to catch them if they falter, so the empty hands are showing she has started to 'fly', but has that protection, hands that once 'held' her, always there.
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment