Sunday 28 August 2016

Take Me Deeper 2016 - DNA - Week 35 Creative Prompt

TMD 2016 - DNA - Week 35 Creative Prompt - I Am Treasured

Based on Exodus 19:4-6 - You yourselves have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles' wings and brought you to myself. Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my treasured possession among all peoples, for all the earth is mine; and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. These are the words that you shall speak to the people of Israel.”

As was said within the video, it's easy enough to read those words, but do we really believe it? Really take it in? So many times we put ourselves down; think we're not good enough...but Our Father really does treasure us.  

I know the lady doesn't look particularly joyful, but I wanted to portray the 'bigness' of this theme; this idea; this statement - we are treasured. To really appreciate and accept that sentiment is quite something to get our heads around!

The figure in the background is smaller and duller to give it less importance. I think there are times when most of us believe we're unworthy or need to work harder, so the despairing-looking figure has to be there but in no way prominent.

That''s how my piece evolved after watching the video anyway!
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment