Wednesday 27 September 2017

Update

I can't quite believe we're almost into October now - not too sure where the months have gone!

I've been pretty quiet generally since my last post on here. Our beloved rescue dog, Amber was starting her final struggle around this time. At the beginning of July she collapsed and couldn't get up, and we had to make the saddest decision, to have her put to sleep.

I knew it was the only thing to do - one last thing we actually could do for her - and, having watched her become progressively weaker over the previous months, it wasn't unexpected. But that didn't make it any easier after the event.

I didn't realise how much it would affect me, and, of course, spent most time, with hubby, making sure my two daughters were OK. It was only last week that I realised that I hadn't actually created anything since her death, and I hadn't even cared!

So! Last week I resolved to start up my lessons again on the Awake Course! I've been revisiting old lessons and also taking new lessons, and learning and relearning various techniques! That in turn has inspired me to start creating again.

I've connected with a whole group of  new people, both within the course group and within another course that I took over the summer holidays, that was entirely unrelated to practising my art! These lovely people are rebuilding my faith in humanity day by day and helping me to look beyond the harm done to my family by the Roman Catholic Church and certain clergy in particular. My faith remains strong, of course, and leads me in standing up for what is right and just and speaking out against what is wrong. Being amongst others now who understand this compelling part of life is a breath of fresh air!

Anyway, I'm moving forward with my art as well, and am thinking there may be a need for a new art blog for me in the near future! The new Twitter page for my art has been started; it's locked down at present whilst I beautify it, and get things tied together.

The plans I have are being brought to fruition alongside my commitment to family members, one with special needs, and who are keeping me very busy at present! It feels slow, but I know everything will come in its own good time.

I'm hoping to make some plans for Advent art for the His Kingdom Come Facebook Group, and also to contribute soon to the Drops of Faith Art Ministries - the ladies there are doing such good work, alongside others in the community and it's the kind of work that the RCC in the UK, especially locally, here in Thanet, should involve itself in.

So there we have it! A little update about what's been happening here! Oh! Did I mention I've been assisting my Mother in the self-publishing of her latest book? It will be available on Amazon any day now and is a Tribute to a man who has played a big part in the life of our family and so many others! The next book will be a collaboration with....ME! We have a story to tell and so many experiences to share; important work that will probably take quite some time to bring to publication, but will be so very worthwhile when complete. Some things are just too important to allow them to be silenced!

Thank you to everyone for the support I've received and that my family has received! We appreciate it!
Bernie x

No comments:

Post a Comment