Saturday 2 December 2017

Advent 2017

I wanted to at least attempt to keep up with creating a piece of art for each day of Advent this year! I also want to take part again this year in Journal Your Christmas. I joined the group of people taking this class project many years ago when I was a paper scrapbooker and have tried with varying degrees of success to keep up with the project over the years since! The class is not faith-based but everybody can make it exactly what they want it to be, so that's not an issue.

Anyway, back to Advent! Having looked at several Devotional projects, I decided to just start on 1st December and run my faith project alongside Journal Your Christmas, which also starts on 1st December.

So, here is what I read, considered and was inspired by for December 1st 2017, and my artwork resulting. I wish everybody a blessed and hope-filled Advent that will lead us to a Christmas full of truth.

Bernie x


Mark 13:32-37

But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when that time will come. It’s like a man going away: he leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with their assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.

‘Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back – whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the cock crows, or at dawn. If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping.

What I say to you, I say to everyone: “Watch!”’



No comments:

Post a Comment