Friday 13 March 2015

Take Me Deeper - March Week 2

The end of another week - or as I now think of it, the start of another TMD week lol! How time passes! I appreciate all the work that has gone into the creation of Take Me Deeper. The weekly devotionals are really making me think and read and helping me so much! if you'd like to join us, you can find details HERE!

March Week 2 - Take My Hand

Firstly I looked up the definition and synonyms for 'Worship'. Then I started reading with the thought of Take my Hand in mind.

Psalm 73:23 - Yet I always stay close to you, and you hold me by the hand.

Isaiah 41:13 - For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'

Psalm 145:18-19 - The Lord is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth. He will fulfil the desire of those who fear him. He will also hear their cry and save them.

Prov. 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths.

I was then given an image of several paths, some in light and some in darkness, with shafts of light illuminating various points on the path within the darkness. People holding hands. Light shining through trees.
The image turned out rather different from what I'd had in my head...for some reason the predominately dark image didn't want to come forward, the light had to be in control!!

So I have my people holding hands on the path - I liked the one big and one small as it can also represent God holding us by the hand as well as humans doing so! The light is casting lovely colours and the path is so 'directed'. There are little gaps in the darker areas outside the pathway, little paths that could tempt us to follow them; distract from the main path; but they go nowhere, and certainly not towards the light up ahead. The Spirit is still represented; the people walk with the Spirit towards the Light. As in last week's piece, I coloured to the people with a warm colour to represent being filled with the Spirit. Whereas last week's piece was more of an introduction piece, showing those walking towards the Light as well as those not, this piece feels more personal...more about our own individual walk towards the Light.

For this piece, I created a landscape with CU watercolour brushes and then merged that with one of my own photos from the beautiful gardens in Walmer Castle, (here in Kent, UK).


No comments:

Post a Comment