Friday 20 March 2015

Take Me Deeper - March Week 3

Well, the strangest thing happened to me after I created this piece, so I'm not going to worry and overthink this!
I started creating this piece today just for fun, as my two daughters were both doing some art inspired by scissor metamorphosis...drawing a pair of scissors and then making them form part of another image. This was then linked to actual metamorphosis from caterpillar to butterfly...hence my image!!

I hadn't intended doing anything like this at all - the image in my head was much simpler and plainer and less complicated as far as Photoshop goes lol!
Now this morning I'd tried to start my March Week 3 piece and got nowhere, so just gave up.
When I got to the end of this piece, I just 'felt' this should be my March Week 3 piece! That worried me a bit as images like this can make people think of fairies - not anything to do with faith! I was worried what people might think. Then the thought came into my head to read again all the notes I made during my Bible study! So I did! And things started jumping out at me!
The girl looks pensive to me. The first verse I'd read was 1Cor. 2:16 - As the scripture says, "Who knows the mind of the Lord? Who is able to give him advice? We, however, have the mind of Christ." With that light shining onto the girl, it just made me think of the mind of Christ and her mind together.
The next verse I'd read was 1 Cor. 10:12 - Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people. But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test,he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out. I imagined that this girl could be facing a test of some kind...yet the landscape suggests she has a 'way out', a path to follow.
After reading several more verses, 1Tim. 2:5-6 jumped out at me - For there is one God, and there is one who brings God and human beings together, the man, Jesus Christ, who gave himself to redeem everyone. Again, the light shining on the girl just feels to me like the human being brought together with God.
I went on to read a few commentaries on various themes, but the one that really grabbed me was this:
Jesus Christ is our mediator, the connection, the bridge between God and us. Spiritual enablement flows from God through Him to us. God's power and God's faithfulness are the issues that are of supreme importance to us in these times. Are we constantly aware that our salvation lies in His hands? He has the power to save.
I like to think the light in the image is spiritual enablement; God's power flowing down upon the girl, bringing salvation.
Another commentary said: In the new creation, the spiritual creation, the sinner is perceived by God as dead and in spiritual darkness. Then God sends forth His spirit to draw the sinner to Christ and to spiritual life and light, making the sinner His child. It is God, by means of His Holy Spirit, who produces the new birth.
The original colours I was creating with were unexpectedly changed when I applied a texture and changed the blend mode. I instantly loved the muted tones, and I think it gives a hint of darkness. The light (the Spirit) coming forth to the girl is drawing her to Christ and into the light (the rays fall onto her, around her, enveloping her as a father might wrap his child in his arms).
So God produces the new birth...and the name of my piece...? Metamorphosis!
So I decided I could be comfortable with this being my piece for March Week 3! I think I've been TOLD!
The girl is a CU font; all the rest of CU brushes and textures!
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment