Friday 27 March 2015

Take Me Deeper - March Week 4

March Week 4 of Take Me Deeper! If you'd like to join in, it can be started at any time...you can find detail HERE at His Kingdom Come.

The first reading that I wrote down was Isaiah 40:3-5 - A voice is calling, "clear the way for the Lord in the wilderness; make smooth in the desert a highway for our God. Let every valley be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; and let the rough ground become a plain, and the rugged terrain a broad valley; then the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all flesh will see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

I think this formed most of the scene for my page, although I didn't know it would at the time of reading!

From there I went to Isaiah 43:19 - Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.

One reading I found I really felt called to was Zephaniah 10:12 - "And I will strengthen them in the Lord, and in his name they will walk," declares the Lord.

Exodus 23:20 gave me more food for thought for my page - "Behold, I am going to send an angel before you to guard you along the way and to bring you into the place which I have prepared."

Next I was led to John 12:35-36 - John answered, "The light will be among you a little longer. Continue on your way while you have the light, so that the darkness will not come upon you; for the one who walks in the dark does not know where he is going. Believe in the light, then, while you have it, so that you will be the people of light."

From a commentary on that reading I picked out the following points:
- walk as people who are conscious that the light is among them

- these are the last words of Our Lord's public ministry. Afterwards he only spoke to his followers in seclusion at Bethany and within the upper chamber.

-walk in the light, believe in the light. To walk in the light we must first believe and trust in the light. Faith is the way we can see the light. As we trust the light we see the light. Believe in the light and trust Him who is it. Absolutely we may rely on it, unconditionally we must follow it. Lean on Him - His arm is strong to bear the burden of our weaknesses, sorrows and our sins.
- Trust the light and you become children of the light.

And so I've tried to incorporate those thoughts into my piece! Two children of the light, about to walk through the wilderness, with its desert and rivers. There's a path (pretty straight!) through the wilderness, and ahead is an angel (signified by the cross), which has been sent to guard the children along the way. The children believe in the light and will walk in the light, but the darkness is still around. The rays of light and the stars hint at the glory of the Lord which will be revealed.

The children are from Graphics Fairy site and all the rest is CU brushes.
TFL!
Bernie x





No comments:

Post a Comment