Thursday 4 February 2016

Take Me Deeper 2016 - DNA - January Week 5 - 29th January 2016 - Rewind

TMD 2016 – DNA - January Week 5 – 29th January 2016 – Rewind
Looking back at the pieces I’ve created in January, there seems to be an additional common thread of “freedom” running through them all illustrated by birds. A bird illustrating the person being chosen, a bird among others who decides to fly free; chosen and flying towards its Maker, birds around the Cross, flying free, knowing that sins will be forgiven and feeling the love 

of their Father.

This wasn’t a conscious thing while I was creating, and I didn’t refer back or think hard to keep a theme going through my art! So I want to ponder this a little and look a little deeper at what message this is giving me! I’m thankful for this rewind week! Until this morning when I decided to think about a piece of art to create to sum up the month of January, I was thinking of it more as a week when I’d not have much to say or to portray. How wrong was that lol?! Now I’ve looked properly at what I’ve created – been led to create – my brain is buzzing!


My first thought when realising about the birds being present in each piece was Matthew 6:26 - Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
No matter what we look like – birds come in all shapes and colours, some more beautiful than others to our eye at least, and some considered more interesting, more important than others. Yet they are all fed and cared for by the Father. So with us, and more. No matter what we look like, inside and out, our Father cares for us. No matter what mistakes we make, nor how we see ourselves, He is always there with his powerful love!
I think this is what my rewind piece is trying to portray (as always, when I started, I had no clue what would appear!). I used a black crow, a bird often seen as dark, brooding, even ugly, to represent we who perhaps see ourselves as less that desirable, being chosen to 'fly' free with the other - white - birds who already know they are chosen and are experiencing the fullness of a life with God.
Isaiah 1:18 - though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Romans 5:8 - but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
So we are free to come as we are, acknowledging our sins, our faults, our issues, and, even as such people, so far from perfect of course, God shows His love for us. We are not just accepted, we are chosen. Knowing that we are so loved and cared for can provide us with a life of freedom and peace, free from worry, living in love.
John 17:20-22 I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. The glory that you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one even as we are one.
TFL!
Bernie x





No comments:

Post a Comment