Thursday 24 March 2016

Lent 2016 - Maundy Thursday - 24th March

Lent 2016 - Day 44 - 24th March - Maundy Thursday

I had a real feel I should be creating two pages this morning - a tall order for the time I had available!

The verses that tell about what happened in the Garden of Gethsemane always touch me, so I wanted to do a piece representing that. Although I haven't been Church organist for almost two years now, nor a member of the original Church Choir for several years, the words of this Francesca Leftley hymn always come to mind - they're so moving...

My soul is sad, my heart is breaking tonight
Could you not watch and comfort me until light?
Am I alone, surrounded only by night?
Could you not watch one hour with me?

Could you not keep awake for one hour with me?
Is it so hard that you should do this for me?
I die for you that you might always be free.
Could you not watch one hour with me?

And so I weep, and there is no-one to hear,
I am in pain; will no-one witness my tears?
I am your God, and as my passion draws near,
Could you not watch one hour with me?


But in contrast to the sadness, I also wanted to make a more positive feeling piece! The new Commandment of love was what really stood out to me so here we have it!
TFL!
Bernie x



No comments:

Post a Comment