Monday 13 February 2017

"Nevertheless She Persisted: Sadness" - A Series Is Born!

Following on from my 'angry' piece the other day, I decided it might be fun to create a little series, expressing different emotions. The angry piece was in warm tones, red typically representing anger; this piece I've done in blues to represent sadness. There's something about those eyes though that says strength and defiance through the sadness. That first piece will now be called "Nevertheless She Persisted: Anger."

To the sad lady, I added flowers to represent the beauty and harmony of women :) as described by the Pope in the previously linked article :) Then I added a representation of the crown of thorns - for the sacrifices women worldwide make both in what they do and in what they are not permitted to do. There are scratches and drips of blood from the thorns - scars that may never fade. The background is rather chaotic as society, both within the RCC and without, fight for this cause or that, trying to make the world a better place - and yet it doesn't happen fast enough, if at all.

Perhaps a dark piece, or perhaps a positive piece after all - to me the woman is strong in her sadness!! She's not overcome - yet!

(I've reposted some of the words I used before as they are the standard).
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment