Friday, 19 June 2015

Take Me Deeper - June Week 3

Where has the time gone?! I honestly can't even remember everything we've done this week! 
June Week 3 - A Father's Love
Of the suggested reading, certain seemed to tug at my heartstrings more...and when I looked up the lyrics for Song for the Prodigals, well, I was in tears! I think there's just so much to relate to there!
Romans 8:15 - For the Spirit that God has given you does not make you slaves and cause you to be afraid; instead the Spirit makes you God's children, and by the Spirit's power we cry out to God, "Father, my Father!"

2 Corinthians 6:18 - I will be your Father and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.
1 John 3:1 - See how much the Father has loved us! His love is so great that we are called God's children - and so, in fact, we are. This is why the world does not know us; it has not known God.
Having done the reading, for days I put off even opening Photoshop! I had absolutely no ideas of how to represent the feelings I had! Plus life was throwing some hard stuff at me (still is but I'm feeling stronger about it now!) and that was zapping my creativity. But a few days of that and I was desperate and determined to create something! So I asked for my hand to be guided and opened up Photoshop!
I first thought about using the same kind of image as the past two weeks, but adapting it to show it held within a tear drop...but that didn't work out! So I went back to basics, started with a blank black page (never do that usually!). I had a strong feeling I would be creating an almost abstract piece.
As I played with blending modes and textures, shapes began to appear...and I ended up with something in colours I hadn't expected at all!
Near the end I wanted to add some texture and what I added blew out a lot of the colour over the piece...and I loved the effect! I went back and forth, lol, trying it with and without to see if I should keep the intensity of colour in, but nothing worked better to my eye than how it finished up!
So, here is my piece! Although not specific to family, I think the colours of love within it, the feeling of peace, and the rays almost like arms coming towards us and enveloping all creation speak volumes. After all, I feel it's not just about the humans! The whole of creation is 'family' and should live in harmony and love!
TFL!


No comments:

Post a Comment