Friday 26 June 2015

Well, it's been a busy week this week! Two days I had road trips to take others places I'd not been before! Yesterday (Thursday) the girls and I were so whacked after Wednesday's excursion that we had a pyjama day! Don't think I've ever done that before on a Mon-Fri day lol but I obviously needed it as feel much more 'alive' today! I keep telling myself it's just part of taking care of me lol!
So here is my offering for this last week of June! I really enjoyed creating this piece!
June Week 4 - The Family of God
Having done all the suggested reading, just two really called to me. Firstly Ephesians 1:18-20:
I ask that your minds may be opened to see his light, so that you will know what is the hope to which he has called you, how rich are the wonderful blessings he promises his people, and how very great is his power at work in us who believe. This power working in us is the same as the mighty strength which he used when he raised Christ from death and seated him at his right side in the heavenly world.
Then Galatians 3:26 - It is through faith that all of you are God's children in union with Christ Jesus.
I had absolutely no idea what kind of image to create, so gave up thinking about it and started reading more of The Creative Call, HKC's Book Club current fare. The page I opened up quoted from Genesis and that reminded me that that was where I had started at the beginning of June!
It seemed fitting and really appealed to me to try and illustrate Genesis 1:1-3 - In the beginning, when God created the universe, the earth was formless and desolate.The raging ocean that covered everything was engulfed in total darkness, and the Spirit of God was moving over the water. Then God commanded, "Let there be light" - and light appeared.
This really fired my imagination, and just seemed so appropriate as it seems to me, this was the start of family - and with all the nasty politics of separation nowadays, it seems so hard for so many people to remember that we are all one world, one human family spread across the whole earth, and we all, along with all of God's creation were created to be together on this planet.
Sometimes what is lacking in a family is made up for from friends, even people we don't know sometimes, and of course, God as our Father loves and watches over us all.
So! This is my piece! Darkness over the seas becoming light. The Spirit represented with a stylised dove shape and wispy trails. Bit of artistic license with the suggestion of mountains in the b/g lol but it worked better! I tried the finished piece in black and white and actually liked it but thought it needed to be in cheery colours to give a more positive feel to it. So there we have it! Lots of brush work and a couple of textures!
TFL!
Bernie x


No comments:

Post a Comment