Friday 3 July 2015

Take Me Deeper - July Week 1

Wow, can you believe it's July already?! We have had temperatures up into the 30s this week which has made even ordinary tasks seems like a slog! (I'm one of those pale people who burn in just 5 minutes in the sun and just can't 'do' heat and humidity!). I'm hoping for a big thunder storm very soon to break this humidity and freshen things up a bit! Not to mention the gardens need a good soaking!

My artwork for this first week in July came together so simply, it all seems a bit strange! I purchased the Praise Him Digital Images from His Kingdom Come - have a look in their store as they have great stuff for digital artists and for actual paint on paper artists! So much so I'm seriously considering setting up all my paints and inks etc again somehow after several years of being only digital just to use their stuff!! The digital images just seemed to inspire me so much! I'm looking forward to seeing more of them hit the store!

So, here's what I made!

July Week 1 - Independence v. Dependence

Having looked up the definitions of various words was really interesting! Especially perhaps because some of the definitions of vulnerable are not things generally thought of as positive! Plus, it was so positive listening to the Podcasts, especially with all the negativity and upset within my Parish at present! I had an unexpected hour to myself and really enjoyed listening whilst browsing the HKC Store! All in all it really inspired me!

My inspiration for this piece was Psalm 8:1-2 - Your praise reaches up to the heavens; it is sung by children and babies.

This month's artwork will be slightly different as I decided to use the Praise Him digital images each week. I really enjoyed the first one! I had intended to use as it came but played around and added some nuance of shape and tone and loved it!

The b/g papers are all mine, with a CU border and a bit of CU brush work.

TFL!





No comments:

Post a Comment